Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A comment on, "The Ladies"

We have an apposing opinion on the matter of love! Thank you for your comment. You my friend are a true and everlasting romantic. I do agree with part of you point. The point being that:

“Love is an offspring of true affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment; it will not be created for years or even generations."

Anonymous post – February 2005
Quote - Gibran, Kahlil - 1883-1931 Lebanese Poet Novelist

I completely agree. It’s what you do with that moment that becomes the deciding factor in love or loss. Individually we determine the path we take and the risks we accept. Even so, the ceremony of marriage, the ceremony of true UNION should be considered the highest of honors among mankind, but only after proof of sacrifice and love.

The combination of chemistry and spiritual attraction can be recognized in the first instant, but only to those who practice a deep awareness of personal divinity. In my experience it seems that couples are seldom in the same place at the same time, affording them low odds of finding their soul mate.

Isn’t that what this thread is all about? Being able to recognize the pressence of a soul mate? I believe that soul mates exist in many cases. Problem is, they don’t recognize what’s right there in front of them because it happens in an instant. And most people are not divinely aware of people and the situation they are in, and their soul mate goes completely unrecognized.

Thank you for clearing that up. I appreciate your thoughts and would love to know who you are and what you believe. I make it a practice to accept all truth into my realm; to feed on it and grow from it. You have blessed me with understanding.

These are mytruewords.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think what you all are talking about is risk. What risk should you be taking at the point of marriage? Statistically you are 50/50 love or not. If it works, what's the problem? So the question really is, if it doesn't work what is the chance of ending it like grown up human beings who care about other people? Probably about the same as how both people treat people they don't like right now.

Marriage is not a half-way, stick-your-toe-into-the-water-to-see-if-it-feels-good proposition. It's sink or swim, no looking back. And if it goes bad,which it might, you have to be ready. You have to be strong, just like how you have to be in a marriage.

Personally, when I'm betting I like better than 1:1 odds, so I would say there has to be a potential BIG payoff if I am going to take that bet.

Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say